Painting furniture by hand can be time-consuming and messy, hence we found the best paint sprayers for furniture.
Check them out in this guide, which will help you determine which is the best paint sprayer for furniture that’ll work for you.
Furthermore, this guide is going to teach you about everything that you need to know about the matter. Besides that, it’ll answer some of the most frequently asked questions about paint sprayers for furniture. That way, you shall not be left with any unanswered inquiries.
Also Read: 5 Of The Best Paint Sprayers For Lacquer
Now for those who are in a rush, here’s what we think are the best paint sprayers for furniture:
HomeRight C800766 Fine Finish DIY Handheld Sprayer
Wagner 0518080 Control Max
Graco 17M359 Handheld Paint Sprayer
REXBETI Ultimate-750 Paint Sprayer
Fuji Semi-Pro 2 HVLP Spray System
Scuddles Paint Sprayer
Wagner 0529021 FLEXiO 890 Stationary HVLP Paint Sprayer
TCP Global Complete Professional 9 Piece HVLP Spray Gun Set
Graco 17A466 TrueCoat 360 DS Paint Sprayer
Earlex HV5500 HVLP Spray Station Paint Sprayer
So without further ado, let’s discuss each of these paint sprayers for furniture in greater detail:
Top 10 Picks
This paint sprayer is our #1 pick. It’s affordable and incredibly user-friendly.
At the same time, it is also very versatile. You may use it for painting everything from cabinets to bed frames. Aside from that, it has a design that’s centered around convenience and portability.
By choosing the HomeRight C800766 Hand Sprayer, you’ll be getting everything you need. The product comes with several nozzles and a viscosity cup.
One of the greatest benefits of this paint sprayer is that it’s incredibly easy to move around.
Apart from that, it doesn’t need a hose. However, due to its weight, the product can be difficult for some to handle for prolonged periods.
Setting up this paint sprayer is incredibly easy. It is something that anyone can do without zero problems at all.
Like most paint sprayers for furniture, this one comes with an adjustable spray pattern. Also, it boasts a large reservoir and the ability to handle thick coatings with not that much thinning.
The HomeRight C800766 Hand Sprayer has a 400w motor that generates a reasonable amount of noise.
Even so, we think that you’ll be okay with that noise after you experience the product and see the wonderfully fine finish that it provides to all of your DIY furniture painting projects.
- Very compact design – You’ll have zero problems bringing this product around the house or wherever your furniture painting project is
- Has an adjustable spray tip – Because of this, it’ll be possible for you to paint furniture with ease in the manner that you want to
- Cleans up easily – Dismantling and reassembling the HomeRight C800766 is an utter breeze, making maintenance a non-issue
- The 400w motor of this product generates a lot of noise
Wagner’s 0518080 Control Max is one of their best-selling products for good reason. It’s incredibly versatile, user-friendly, and affordable.
A special thing about this product is that it employs a 2-stage HVLP spray gun. That means it is able to provide superb air pressure, making it easy to achieve that perfect finish.
Something else that’s great about the Wagner 0518080 Control Max is that it’s incredibly easy to handle. The product’s 20-foot hose means that nothing will ever be out of reach.
Moreover, this hose is capable of handling a wide variety of paints such as lacquer and latex. Lastly, it’s got speed control, allowing you to paint furniture with precision regardless of your experience level.
Unfortunately, this product has a smaller-than-average pain reservoir. That means it cannot be used for larger projects that require deck paint. Besides that, the paint sprayer can be loud.
- Spray patterns are adjustable – With this product, you’ll be equipped with the means to paint how and where you want thanks to adjustable spray patterns
- Complete air pressure control – Controlling how much paint you’ll be spraying is easy with this product as it has complete air pressure control
- Designed for easy storage – Quite surprisingly, this paint sprayer has a very compact design that makes storing it easy
- Reservoir can’t hold lots of paint due to its size
- Noisier than similar paint sprayers
Graco is one of the most well-known paint sprayer manufacturers. Their 17M359 model has got to be the best option for beginners due to its user-friendliness.
It has a tilted design and a spray suction tube. Due to this suction tube, it’s possible to spray on surfaces in any direction. In fact, you may even do so as the unit is upside down.
Because of its sheer versatility, the Graco 17M359 is perfect for utilization on furniture as well as many other things. With it, properly coating awkward angles will be a thing of the past.
Thicker paints are compatible with this paint sprayer. You won’t need any thinners since it has dual pressure control with a motor that’s got a maximum output of 2000 PSI.
Alongside the unit itself, Graco also provides adjustable spray tips that let you change spray patterns. However, because this sprayer is so powerful, suffering from overspray is inevitable.
On the bright side, this paint sprayer for furniture is designed in such a way that it’s beyond easy to clean. Furthermore, it comes with an instruction disk and a superb carrying case.
- Sprays 360 degrees – This sprayer can spray paint on your furniture at any angle. It is even able to work upside down, allowing you to reach tight spots
- Excellent design – Apart from its compact size, which makes it easy to store, this paint sprayer for furniture also doesn’t come with any long hose
- Works with many types of paints – Due to its powerful motor, this unit is capable of spraying thick paints without the need for additional thinners
- Powerful motor can lead to the unwanted overspray of paint
- Is rather heavy, and therefore not suitable for those with small wrists
- Has a short power cable
This sprayer is a favorite among beginner DIY enthusiasts. In addition to being affordable, it also is lightweight and easy to handle.
Like the other paint sprayers that we have talked about, this one comes with 3 nozzles with 3 tip sizes. Because of that, the sprayer will let you paint your furniture exactly how you want.
With that said, no matter what nozzle you utilize, perfect control of the sprayer is sure thanks to a flow control knob.
The REXBETI Ultimate-750 Paint Sprayer is an electric paint spray gun. That means it doesn’t need a heavy air compressor to operate.
All in all, I’d have to say that this unit is the best HVLP paint sprayer for beginners due in large part to its user-friendliness and affordability.
- Beginner-friendly – Due to its excellent design, this paint sprayer is very beginner-friendly. It’s perfect for painting furniture along with a plethora of other things such as fences
- Works with most paints – You’ve got a wide array of paints to choose from if you have this sprayer to use, which is great from a convenience standpoint
- Has a long power cable – The length of the power cable of this paint sprayer won’t limit you since it’s very long at 6.5 feet
- Must be cleaned regularly because dried paint inside the unit may cause clogs
- Requires thinners for thicker paints
As its name alludes, the Fuji Semi-Pro 2 HVLP Spray System is a paint sprayer for people who already have experience.
Be that as it may, it is still beginner-friendly enough for those who are going to use a paint sprayer for the first time ever.
Quite interestingly, this product is equipped with a low-pressure non-bleed spray gun. Because of that, you can separately control air and paint flow.
In addition, the Fuji Semi-Pro 2’s spray gun is convertible, meaning that it can be bottom or gravity fed. All of this will simply depend on the container of paint that you opt for.
That being said, this sprayer isn’t just one of the best paint sprayers for furniture. It’s also one of the top options for both large and small projects both indoors as well as outdoors.
The Fuji Semi-Pro 2 is compatible with almost all kinds of paints. Lastly, its paint pattern ranges from a 1-inch circular all the way to a 12-inch oval pattern, making it beyond versatile.
- Durable construction – This sprayer is made out of the best materials to make sure it’ll be able to withstand abuse and the test of time
- Convertible spray gun – Due to its design, this paint sprayer can be gravity or bottom-fed depending on the paint container you use
- Extremely versatile – Furniture isn’t the only thing this paint sprayer is good for. It has a design that’s suited to meet the needs of a wide array of people
- Isn’t the best option for beginners
- Has a higher-than-average price
- Can be difficult to carry due to its weight
The Scuddles Paint Sprayer is an inexpensive and user-friendly paint sprayer that anyone can use with ease. Of course, this shouldn’t be a surprise given its very simple design.
It can be used both indoors and outdoors. Moreover, it’s capable of handling many kinds of paints without the need for additional thinners that would have you spending more.
Like many of its rivals on the market, this sprayer comes with several nozzles that allow you to paint the way you want to on any surface. Also, it has a powerful 1200w motor.
One other thing to know is that this sprayer comes with cleaning attachments. This is great as you’ll be able to maintain it without the need to buy anything additional.
- Simple design – The simplicity of this product’s design makes it suitable for both DIY enthusiasts and professionals alike
- Is very affordable – Compared to similar paint sprayers, the Scuddles Paint Sprayer is extremely affordable, making it a go-to choice for those with tight budgets
- Comes with all the necessary accessories – Aside from your usual nozzles, this paint sprayer also comes with a cleaning kit to make sure you’ll be able to maintain it
- Utilizes more electricity due to its powerful 1200w motor
- Paint tips are made of plastic which isn’t durable
The Wagner 0529021 FLEXiO 890 is a professional-grade paint sprayer that won’t drill a hole in your pocket. Needless to say, it’s also suitable for beginners due to its ease of use.
In addition, it’s a very versatile product. With it, achieving that perfect finish shall be a breeze. After all, it provides full control as it can spray vertically, horizontally, and round.
Also, the unit comes with two nozzles. One for large areas and the other for smaller areas. That means, its applications go far beyond painting furniture.
Despite its bulky look, this sprayer is very easy to handle. That’s because its 600w motor sits on the floor meaning you’ll only have to carry the actual spray gun itself.
Although it does not have the most powerful motor, the Wagner 0529021 FLEXiO 890 can still accommodate a wide range of paints along with varnishes.
Last but not least, this product’s design is not difficult to store due to its toolbox design. And yes, its 11.5-foot hose does fit neatly into its integrated storage box.
- Fully adjustable settings – Because it provides complete air pressure control, this paint sprayer makes decreasing and increasing paint flow an utter breeze
- Stores easily – An awesome thing about this product is that it’s incredibly easy to store as it has a toolbox design wherein all of its components fit neatly inside
- Not hard to handle – This paint sprayer isn’t meant to be hauled around. Instead, it’s supposed to remain stationary. All you’ll need to carry is the spray gun itself which is attached to an 11.5-foot hose, which is long enough to meet all your painting needs.
- Only comes with two nozzles, meaning the sprayer isn’t a universal solution to all of your DIY painting projects
- The entire unit is quite heavy, making strength a necessary prerequisite to owning it
If you’re already a DIY enthusiast with an air compressor, then you may want to include this set of spray guns in your arsenal of tools.
After all, with it being a 9-piece set, this product offers much more versatility than nearly all other paint sprayers that we discussed and will discuss in this definitive guide.
Of course, this is granted only if you’ve already got an air compressor because, without one, this product will be completely useless.
Just like all the other paint sprayers that we recommend, this one has lots of great reviews. You should not be surprised by this because it’s truly a great buy for experienced DIY enthusiasts.
Now if you’re wondering, upon purchasing this set, you’ll be getting 2 full-sized sprayers. Aside from that, you’ll also be getting a smaller spray gun for detailing purposes.
- Has got everything you need – This spray gun set comes with 2 full-sized sprayers and a smaller sprayer for detailing. Besides that, it’s got every accessory that you’d need
- Built to last – Durability won’t be an issue with this product as it’s constructed using the best materials available to ensure that it’ll have a long lifespan
- Works with all paints – There are a plethora of different kinds of paints that you can use to paint furniture. With this sprayer set, you’ll get to utilize all these paints with no issues
- Requires an air compressor to operate
- More expensive than similar products on the market
Our second pick from Graco is more suited for more experienced DIY enthusiasts. With it being a handheld sprayer, you’ll need no hoses or air compressors to operate it.
This product is meant to be an all-in-one paint sprayer solution. It boasts 2 painting modes. The first of which is oriented for general coating whereas the second is oriented for detailing jobs.
Because of that, you may utilize it for both small and large projects. Furthermore, it can be used in both indoor and outdoor environments.
Sadly though, this sprayer is more expensive than many of its counterparts in the industry. Apart from that, it also has a short power cable that may limit you if you don’t have an extension cord.
- A breeze to handle – Due to its handheld design, this sprayer is incredibly easy to handle, even for those without any prior paint spraying experience
- Supports a wide variety of paints – The powerful motor and high-pressure pump of this paint sprayer means that you won’t need any additional thinners for your projects
- Constructed using quality materials – Greco made sure their product will last by manufacturing it using very high-quality materials
- Has a very short and limiting power cable
- Pricier than many of its counterparts from other manufacturers
This HVLP stationary paint sprayer from Earlex is differently designed from all the other options that we’ve talked about. It’s centered around portability and ease of use.
It even comes with a carrying handle and a built-in compartment for you to store its 13.5-foot hose and 5.5-foot power cable. Also, it’s not that heavy despite it having a powerful motor.
Just like some of the other HVLP paint sprayers that we have discussed, its motor is situated on the bottom. This motor consumes 650w, and therefore, has the power to meet anyone’s needs.
One last thing to know is that this product doesn’t only spray paint. It can also be used to spray a wide range of sealers, oils, shellacs, enamels, and acrylics.
- Wonderfully designed – Because of its unique design, carrying around this sprayer is incredibly easy
- Powerful yet easy to handle – The motor of this product is powerful. Despite that, it’s still a breeze to handle even for those who’ve never used a paint sprayer before
- Comes with a long hose and power cord – Due to the length of its power cable and hose, you’ll never find yourself limited with your furniture painting projects
- Produces a lot of noise
- Some components could be more durable
Also Read: Best Paint Sprayers For Walls
Types of Paint Sprayers For Furniture?
You’ve got 2 main types of paint sprayers for furniture to choose from. Let’s talk about both of them in greater detail below:
High Volume Low-Pressure Paint Sprayers (HVLP)
High Volume Low-Pressure Paint Sprayers (HVLP) offer a greater degree of precision, making them ideal if you wish to paint things like furniture, doors, and handrails.
You should also know that HVLP sprayers are much more user-friendly than their handheld counterparts. Besides that, they don’t waste nearly as much paint.
One disadvantage of HVLP sprayers is that they’re prone to becoming clogged. As such, they are not the best option if you’re using thicker paints without any thinners.
Also Read: How To Clean an HVLP Spray Gun? 5 Easy Steps
Nowadays, professionals don’t tend to use handheld sprayers. Be that as it may, these types of paint sprayers are still very popular among DIY enthusiasts because of their user-friendliness.
Such sprayers commonly make use of a built-in turbine or airless systems. They have got paint reservoirs and don’t utilize hoses or external compressors.
Handheld paint sprayers are great for use with furniture and other types of objects.
Sad to say, they aren’t the best option if you’re working on larger projects due to the limitations in the capacity of their reservoirs and their proneness to produce overspray.
What To Look For In Paint Sprayers For Furniture?
Here’s everything that you should look for when buying a paint sprayer for furniture:
Paint Sprayer Power
The paint sprayer that you buy should be powerful enough to meet your needs.
Handheld sprayers usually have less power but can cover a lot more surface area faster. On the other hand, HVLP sprayers are more powerful, precise, and usually slower.
However, they produce less overspray, which is great if your goal is to save as much paint as possible.
Tips & Nozzles
Tips and nozzles are very important components of paint sprayers for furniture.
They dictate the size as well as the shape of what you may spray on a given surface. Usually, a paint sprayer comes with several tips and nozzles for the sake of versatility.
All paint sprayers can only hold a limited amount of paint.
Of course, the larger the reservoir of a paint sprayer, the better. Needless to say, you may want to opt for a sprayer with a smaller reservoir as they’re more suited for smaller projects.
Not all paint sprayers allow you to control the flow of paint they spray out.
With that in mind, it’s best that you choose a sprayer that has a flow control feature as this feature will come in handy when you’re painting furniture.
Level of Versatility
Despite their namesake, some paint sprayers can spray more than just paint.
A few of the paint sprayers that we discussed earlier can also handle other materials like lacquer, varnish, primer, and a lot of other stuff that you’d need for DIY projects.
Hose & Cord Length
The length of the hose and cord of your paint sprayer for furniture is very important.
For smaller projects, a sprayer with a short hose and cord would do just fine. However, larger paint jobs will require you to have a sprayer with a long hose and cord to accommodate your needs.
Ease of Maintenance
Paint sprayers need to be cleaned regularly or else they may end up becoming clogged. Due to that, you should make it a point to purchase a well-designed paint sprayer that’s easy to clean.
That way, you shall not have to go through much hassle after finishing your DIY painting jobs.
Frequently Asked Questions
It’s really up to you. Those who plan on engaging themselves in many DIY projects may want to buy their own sprayer. Meanwhile, others might simply need to use a paint sprayer once. Now if you want to learn more regarding this topic, you may look up this guide.
To put it simply, no. You don’t need to invest in a paint sprayer to apply a fresh coat of paint to your furniture. Opting for the traditional hand brush method will do just fine. However, the one problem with using a paintbrush is that it takes a lot of time and effort.
Now with that said, here’s our guide that’ll inform you of the best paint brushes for furniture.
The answer to this question generally depends on the sprayer that you’re using.
Some sprayers can handle thicker paints without any problems at all. However, most HVLP paint sprayers aren’t compatible with thicker paints. With such sprayers, you must utilize a thinner to avoid problems such as cloggage.